Sewing & Patternmaking
Level - Beginners & Intermediate
Duration - 4 months
Over 200 lessons
- Have you always wanted to learn fashion design but lacked the time?
- Do you need to brush up your sewing and pattern making skills but have limited funds?
- Would you like to attend a Sewing Course but the best fashion schools are too far?
- Are you looking to learn a valuable skill that can always be transformed into a business opportunity in your spare time?
- Are you about to give up your dream due to a change in your circumstance?
- Would you like to attend a Dressmaking Course at Martwayne but it is just not convenient for you?
Now you can now learn from home wherever you are with the The Martwayne Online Course in Sewing and Patternmaking.
It’s the same great course just like the physical course but with the comfort of distance-learning.
You just need to take the step. With Martwayne’s Online Class, you will think you are in a classroom.
You can still learn to sew even in your busy schedule!
Don’t let anything stop you from maximising your passion! A lot of people want to become professional fashion designers but don’t have the time to learn how to sew. If you have a regular 9 to 5 job, you don’t need to give up your passion for fashion design. You can learn the skill with this Online Dressmaking Course in just a few minutes a day and design with the perfect factory finish.
This course is for you if you:
- Don’t have any idea about sewing or pattern making;
- Have a lot of creative fashion ideas but cannot translate them into wearable clothes;
- Will love to own your own clothing line someday;
- Have a busy schedule but desire to learn fashion design;
- Want to upgrade your sewing and pattern making skills after a long break;
- Want to learn fashion design but have limited time;
- Learn a profitable skill in your spare time;
- Are a career person who wants another source of income; or
- You are a student on a long school break, looking to learn a profitable skill.
The Online Course for everyone! Students, housewives, job seekers or professionals.
Learn a skill that will make you money and give you the ability to design amazing outfits for yourself and loved ones.
Drip-fed classes 3 times a week to prevent overwhelm
Online & Self-Paced
Clear Explanatory Videos
Ability to ask questions and get feedback from instructor and peers
Ability to submit assignments on the portal
Certificate on Successful Completion of the Course
What You Get When You Sign Up
EBOOK & AUDIOBOOK
- Easy Guide to Costing & Pricing EBook
- Easy Guide to Costing & Pricing Audiobook
powerpoint video presentation
- Intensive 83-Minute Video Course
PDF HANDOUT & CERTIFICATE
- A Course PDF Handout of Topics Covered in the Course
- Certificate on Successful Completion of the Course
OVER 200 video lessons
- Sewing Techniques for Perfect Finishing.
- Skirt Making – the same principles apply for the bottom part of a dress.
- Introduction to Patternmaking.
- How to take accurate body measurements for Skirts.
- Basic Skirt Block & Alterations.
- Skirt Variations.
- A Pre-Requisite for Stages 2 & 3.
- How to take accurate body measurements for dresses;
- How to draft basic dress and sleeve block patterns and make alterations;
- How to Sew the Dress Block and Sleeves;
- Dart Manipulation Techniques;
- Clothing Design & Styling with Darts;
- Strapless Dress;
- Fitted Collared Shirt & Blouses.
- How to combine Principles from Stage 1 to create a style.
- How to take accurate body measurements for the Classic and Close-fitting Trouser Blocks;
- How to Draft the Patterns for the Pockets, Fly Pieces and Waistbands;
- Sewing the Trousers, including fly finishing.
- How to combine principles from Stage 2 to create a jumpsuit.
Basic Items Required for the Course
Sewing & Patternmaking Module
- Sewing Machine (any basic domestic electric sewing machine with at least 5 stitches. A minimum of 12 stitches will be even better). Any brand works.
- Pattern Paper
- Tailor's Chalk
- Set of French Curves
- Vary Form Curve Ruler
- Pack of Set Squares (which includes a basic ruler)
- Sharpener for your pencils
- Basic Needlework Kit which must include hand needles
- Scotch Tape / Masking Tape
- Roll of Thread / Threads
- Box of Pins
- Calico or any cotton fabric
- Tracing Wheel
- Paper Scissors
- Fabric Scissors
- Measuring Tape
- Zips (including Invisible Zips)
- Seam Ripper
- Glue Stick
You can add to this list as you go along. A quick google search will show what these items look like.
Manual & Digital Fashion Illustration Module
- Colour Pencils
- Copic Markers (nice to have)
- Smartphone or Tablet
What Our Online Students Say
“You know I was a bit sceptical about online courses because of previous experience but what you have here is beyond good 👍🏽. Really, kudos to you. The sounds and videos are clear, it really is top-notch and I'm not just saying it. You are what you claimed to be. I'm impressed and inspired by you. THANK YOU ❤️”
“I agree! The letters of the alphabet can not explain how good a tutor she is. Trust me I had little knowledge of sewing and pattern making before I signed up for this class. But guess what? I’m now in a league of my own! Not near where I want to be yet but dare me to say that Tope’s tutelage is an excellent foundation. Her attention to the minutest of details is top notch! She carries an excellent spirit that rubs off on you by default. The banter? Out of this world. It was needed cos of the technicality of the course. But learning from martwayne. A walk in the park. Thank you Tope for being an amazing teacher (you’re in the right calling) and thank you for drowning my fears in pattern making and also thank you for bringing out the best in me”
Course Fees & Duration
The best deal on an Online Dressmaking Course
Full Option: N100,000 | USD$275
10% Discount for full payment
Fees Per Stage
- Stage 1: N32,500 | USD$98
- Stage 2: N42,500 | USD$125
- Stage 3: N32,500 | USD$98
Discounts also available for full payment per Stage.
- Full Payment attracts 10% discount
- Instalment Payment of 60% deposit and 40% Balance due during the Course
- Full Payment per Stage attracts a N2,500 | USD$25 discount
- Instalment Payment per Stage Available at 60% Deposit & 40% Balance due during each Stage
Default in balance payments results in immediate removal from the Course.
- Beginners: 4 months
- Advanced: 3 months
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays only from 10am - 4pm
- Beginners: 7 months
- Advanced: 6 months
- Saturdays only from 12noon - 6pm
Now Location is not a Barrier.
Learn Wherever You Are. Just a Few Minutes a Day!