- If you LOVE Fashion and want to turn your love for Fashion into a viable business, this Course is for you!
- If you have always wanted to wanted to learn how to sew from scratch both as a skill and as a business opportunity, this Course is for you!
Targeted at complete beginners with no prior knowledge of sewing, this all-encompassing Fashion Design Course teaches the 3 most important aspects of starting and running a Fashion Business:
Don't Just Dream... LIVE Your Fashion Dreams...
We don't only teach you how to sew, we also teach you how to make money from your knowledge so you can run a sustainable business and start your clothing line. All in a friendly and conducive work environment.
- how to develop your designs from scratch from an idea and create a fashion collection & fashion portfolio;
- how to choose colours and fabrics;
- how to create moodboards and design briefs the tools required in the development of a fashion collection;
- how to draw the female fashion croquis, including facial features, spinal movements and faces;
- how to create technical drawings and draw design details to communicate your ideas to your tailor or production team;
- how to render a fashion figure both manually and digitally; and
- how to use a digital app to turn your illustrations from drab to fab!
- Learn how to take accurate body measurements and convert them into blocks & patterns;
- Learn the basic terms in pattern making and the importance of using patterns;
- Learn about the patternmaking life cycle from block to working pattern and final pattern.
- Learn how to create different styles from the standard block pattern;
- Learn how to grade patterns from just one standard pattern into various sizes.
- Learn how to create the perfect stitch;
- Learn how to thread and use the sewing machine;
- Learn the various tools you need in garment construction;
- Learn various sewing techniques for perfect finishing;
- Learn how to sew skirts, dresses, blouses, shirts, jumpsuits, sleeves, collars, plackets, etc with any fabric of choice;
- Learn the steps in the garment construction process.
- The Business Opportunities that exist in the Fashion Industry;
- Proper Costing, Pricing & How to Sell Your Clothes to Make a Profit;
- How to Start Your Clothing Line (the Clothing Production Process);
- How to Build Structures in Your Fashion Business; and
- How to Keep Track of Your Business Finances with an Online Accounting Software.
You will get a Certificate of Completion when you successfully complete the Course. This includes attendance, punctuality and submission of all assignments & projects.
We reward our students for their efforts. The best student with the best project and who has been consistent with their work, attendance and punctuality all through the Course wins a prize at the end of the Course.
You are the You that makes You the You that You Are. - Unknown
Invest in Yourself!
For years you have been making the same New Year's resolutions over and over again! I will finally pursue this dream of becoming a fashion designer. Every January 1st, you wake up all gingered up with your slogan for the year but year in year end, they remain false promises to yourself.
Then you absolutely need this Course!
And you don't even need to quit your job! We have a weekday and a weekend option as well for busy professionals.
Turn your Love for Fashion into a Viable Business! We guarantee it!
Of course you can!
Not one of the students who made these clothes could sew when they joined the Course. But check out what they have been able to do while at Martwayne. If they can do it, so can you! All you need is the passion and the determination to succeed. You leave the rest to us!
The purpose of this section is to provide an overview of your product. This could be an outline of chapters in your ebook, lessons in your course, modules in your coaching program etc. The reader should come away from this with a very clear idea of what they will get for their money.
How the Course Runs
There are 2 stages in the Course and you can choose the Weekday Option or the Weekend Option.
The Weekday Option runs 3 times a week, Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, from 10am - 4pm. When the Creative Course begins, it will be 4 days a week for 3 months. The extra day will run from 10am - 5pm.
The Weekend Option runs on Saturdays only from 12 noon - 6pm.
As part of the training materials, you get a Progress Sheet and a Calendar details your tasks and expected learning outcome for each day.
The Weekday Option of the Course runs for 9 months while the Weekend Option runs for 18 months. Classes do not hold on public holidays.
Classes hold at is 8 Sholeye Crescent, off Ayinde Giwa Street, off Alhaji Masha Road, (just before Masha Roundabout), Surulere, Lagos. You are welcome to visit before you apply.
There are 2 stages in the Course and payment is per stage.
You can pay for each Stage in instalments. The 1st instalment is 80% while the balance of the fees is due during the Course with the date clearly stated in your Course Calendar.
Payment for both stages at once attracts a 5% discount off the Course Fees.
Stage 1 costs a total of N200,000, split into:
Fees: N180,000 & a Refundable Caution Fee of N20,000.
The Fees include your toolkit and training materials while the Caution Fee covers damages and unnecessary extensions to the Course.
Stage 2 costs a total of N220,000, split into:
Fees: N200,000 & also the Refundable Caution Fee of N20,000.
TOPE WILLIAMS - ADEWUNMI // Founder
I am a South African trained Fashion Designer well versed in various areas of Fashion Industry and its relationship with the business community. I know first-hand what it feels like to take the plunge and switch from a very comfortable career path in Accounting with one of the Big Four Accounting Firms - KPMG Professional Services - to a completely unrelated field - Fashion!
Why am I so confident you will get the best from Martwayne? Simple! I learnt everything from scratch myself. And the way I transitioned easily from Accounting to Fashion Design is the exact way we teach! You've seen our testimonials so you know we are GREAT at what we do! It's time for you to take that plunge too!
Here's to Your Success...
It is time to LIVE Your Fashion Dreams! Turn Your Passion into a Sellable & Bankable Skill. It will change your life like it changed mine!
NOW is the time to take Ownership of Your Future!
Click that button to get started.
Secure Checkout. Not to worry! Our site is very safe!
Sure you can! Our bank details are:
Martwayne Limited | 023 710 3843 | GTBank
Once this is done, please contact us on:
Telephone: 0818 395 8856 / 0903 498 5877
Please note that prior registration is required.
That's what you think. If you can dress yourself up every morning, then you are more creative than you give yourself credit for. If you can imagine the style, then you can create it! You just have to know how!
Of course! Many of our students start their businesses and charge for their work before they even complete the Course.
Sure you will. If you can draw circles and straight lines, then you can definitely learn how to draw! I learnt it from scratch. You just need to understand the principles.
Yes we do! If all you want to do is learn the skill, i.e. just the Sewing & Patternmaking, the Beginners Dressmaking Course is perfect for you. Click here for more details.
For more questions or to get notified about start dates and other articles,
please sign up below:
Someone you know needs this article.
Help them find it by sharing it on social media.
You may be interested in these Courses
Not sure which of our Courses is right for you?
Simply fill out the request form below and we'll contact you
with the best option for you!
Copyright Martwayne | Fashion School. All rights reserved.