Fashion Illustration Online Course
Level - Beginner | Intermediate
Duration - 6 Weeks
BRING YOUR DESIGNS TO LIFE WITH THIS
ONLINE FASHION ILLUSTRATION COURSE!
Learn the artistic side of fashion with this exciting online Fashion Design course that teaches fashion design drawing from scratch – right from beginners fashion illustration to advanced fashion illustration.
Many fashion designers imagine beautiful designs but cannot draw fashion illustration sketches to explain their designs to their creative and production team. This Fashion Illustration Course teaches fashion illustration basics and how to draw fashion figures for beginners and advanced students – both manually and with a fashion illustration app.
With this Fashion Sketching 101 Course, you will learn fashion illustration basics, how to draw online, learn to draw step by step, create a fashion illustration portfolio and use a fashion illustration app.
Why You Need Our Fashion Illustration Online Course
This Online Fashion Course teaches fashion design illustration and how to create fashion sketches from scratch.
- are passionate about fashion design and want to become a fashion designer;
- are a fashion designer who finds it difficult to sketch designs and visually represent your fashion ideas to your clients;
- can sew but cannot sketch original designs;
- imagine beautiful designs and want to start your ready to wear clothing line but cannot create fashion sketches;
- find it difficult describing your designs to tailors or your tailors never execute the styles you have described with the desired precision;
- are tired of being intimidated by the creativity of others and want to create amazing designs that are like those from the runway;
- are looking for an alternative source of income as a fashion designer;
- want to learn how to become a fashion illustrator;
- want to see how the combination of colours and fabrics which you have imagined appears; or
- are just plain tired of copying people’s work.
then this Fashion Illustration Online Course is perfect for you.
You don’t need to be an artist to create beautiful sketches
‘Before I went to fashion school, I could not draw to save myself, much less communicate my ideas (if I even had any at all) on paper. I could not even draw a straight line without a ruler. I learnt everything from scratch!’
– Tope Williams-Adewunmi,
You can make a living as a fashion illustrator
Did you know that there is an increasing demand for fashion illustration in Nigeria? This is a skill that can generate the extra income you deserve. You can make a lot of money either as a fashion illustrator who sketches people’s ideas for them; or as a fashion designer who does not have to go through fashion magazines to come up with unique designs.
Good afternoon. I got a fashion illustration job from… She said you gave her my number a while ago. It’s my biggest job so far…she just paid the advance. Thank you so much. I won’t disappoint you.
Thank you very much. Met with your friend/client on Thursday. We’re very close to agreeing a deal on her portfolio. Want to say another big thank you for the opportunity. Look forward to many more.
Thanks again for the opportunity. Been thinking of how to touch lives with fashion. I hope this idea of mine will actually put a smile on people’s faces when I eventually design / produce for them. #fashionforconfidence
I just wanted to say thank you. Someone reached out to me for illustrations for her tee brand, says she is an ex-student though, but saw your post about me. So I’ll be working with her. Thank you for your support so far.
This Course is if you:
- Want to start your ready to wear clothing line and are just plain tired of copying people’s work;
- Imagine beautiful designs but are unable to translate them into sketches;
- Find it difficult describing your designs to tailors or find that your tailors cannot execute the styles you have described with the desired precision;
- Are tired of being intimidated by the creativity of others and want to create amazing designs that are like those from the runway;
- Feel you are not creative but want to learn how to be creative and design unique clothes for your fashion business;
- Want to see your designs featured in fashion magazines and on the runway during fashion week and at top shows; or
- Are looking for an alternative source of income and want to learn how to become a fashion illustrator.
Manual Fashion Illustration
PART 1: manual
- Draw the 9-head fashion figure right from using straight lines and circles;
- Draw body and spinal movements;
- Sketch facial features and hair;
- Create design details such as necklines, sleeves and collars, etc;
- Learn to create technical drawings;
- Render (what we know as colouring) the fashion figure and clothes.
- Please note that if you are a beginner, you must take the manual option before the physical option.
Digital Fashion Illustration
PART 3: fashion sketching with Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Digitize your manual illustrations with a digital fashion illustration app;
- Create your fashion croquis digitally;
- Facial features and hair;
- Import fabrics and prints;
- Create effects of lace, chiffon and other fabrics;
- Develop a portfolio for use during fashion competitions and client consultations.
- If you choose to take this option only, you must be able to sketch very well.
Course Objectives / Outcomes
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- learn how to sketch fashion figures from scratch;
- understand the 9 head fashion figure;
- understand technical drawings and effectively communicate designs to your tailors and production team;
- draw a fashion figure or fashion croquis right from using straight lines and circles;
- draw body and spinal movements;
- sketch faces, facial features and hair;
- create technical drawings and design details such as necklines, sleeves and collars, etc;
- render (what we know as colouring) the fashion figure and clothes;
- digitally enhance manual illustrations with a digital fashion illustration app;
- develop a portfolio for use during fashion competitions, fashion school applications and client consultations; and
- earn a Certificate of Completion on Successful Completion of the Course which also includes submission of assignments.
What Our Students Say
You just need to take the step. With Martwayne online class, you will think you are in a classroom.
Course Fees & Duration
The best deal on a comprehensive fashion course
FULL COURSE | PER COURSE
Full Course: N80,000 | USD$234
- 10% discount for full payment
Manual Fashion Illustration Only:
N40,000 | $117
- 5% discount for full payment
If you are a beginner, you must complete this stage before choosing the digital fashion illustration course, except you choose to register for the full course at once.
Digital Fashion Illustration Only:
N40,000 | $117
- 5% discount for full payment
Please note that you must be able to draw very well if opt for the only digital fashion illustration course.
Full Payment attracts 10% discount for full course
- Full payment per Course attracts 5% discount
- Instalment Option: 60% deposit & 40% balance within 3 weeks during the Course
- Non-payment of balance payment results in automatic removal from the Course.
- Manual Fashion Illustration: 6 weeks
- Digital Fashion Illustration: 6 weeks
Classes delivered 2x a week.