Level - Beginners - Intermediate
Duration - 6 Months
If you have a passion for fashion and want to learn how to become a fashion designer, then you need to study fashion. Our Fashion Design for Beginners Online Course offers the best fashion design education at a fraction of the cost. Now you can study fashion design online and that the critical leap from a complete beginner to fashion professional right from the comfort of your home.
This Short Fashion Design Course is perfect for you if you:
- have a passion for fashion but due to a change in personal or business circumstances, you are unable to attend a physical course;
- are a busy professional with a full time job but can’t seem to take time off to pursue your fashion design dream;
- if you are scared of taking a full leap and want to be sure that fashion design is the career path for you;
- want to become a fashion designer but you don’t have the time to attend a physical course;
- want to take fashion design classes but cannot afford the fees of the fashion design school of your choice;
- want to learn a valuable skill and start a fashion business; and
- want to attend the Best Online Fashion School in Nigeria.
This Fashion Design Online Course for everyone! Students, housewives, job seekers or professionals.
Learn a skill that will make you money, give you the ability to design amazing outfits for yourself and loved ones and start a clothing line.
Become a Fashion Designer at Home
Learn Fashion Design Online In Your Own Time & At Your Own Pace
If you have a passion for fashion, don’t let anything stop you from living your dream! In just a few minutes a day, you can take design courses for beginners and attend the best Online Fashion Design Course anywhere you are in the world.
You just need to take the step. With Martwayne’s Online Class, you will think you are in a classroom.
Course Objectives & Outcomes
Become a Fashion Design Professional & Start your Clothing Line
Transform your fashion design knowledge into a viable source of income
Start the Fashion Business of your dreams
Monetize the different skills you have learnt during the Course
Offer quality services to other fashion businesses
Empower yourself and others by becoming an employer of labour and making a difference.
Drip-fed classes 3 times a week to prevent overwhelm
Online & Self-Paced
Clear Explanatory Videos
Ability to ask questions and get feedback from instructor and peers
Ability to submit assignments on the portal
Certificate on Successful Completion of the Course
What Will You Learn?
This Course goes beyond just Dressmaking. To become a successful Fashion Designer, you need to know what subjects are needed to become a fashion designer. Although most people focus on the sewing, the sewing alone does not make the business. You must understand the Creative angle as well as how to run a profitable fashion business. You must, therefore, be knowledgeable in these 3 areas:
- the Creative,
- the Practical, &
- the Business of Fashion.
A lack of knowledge of these 3 areas will lead to frustration and eventual closure of the business.
This Fashion Design Online Course will focus on these 3 areas. It can be taken as a full 10-in-1 Course at a discount or you can pay per Module.
Sewing & Patternmaking
- Sewing & Patternmaking Classes
- Learn various sewing techniques for perfect finishing;
- Take accurate body measurements and convert them into blocks and patterns;
- Apply pattern making concepts to create your garments;
- Understand the patternmaking life cycle from block to working pattern and final pattern;
- Understand the steps in garment construction and how to design clothes for beginners and advanced;
- Create clothes with the perfect factory finish;
- Create different styles from the standard block pattern;
- Dart Manipulation Techniques, Working with Darts & Necklines;
- Sew skirts, shirts, dresses, trousers, jumpsuits.
Manual & Digital Fashion Illustration
- A Manual & Digital Fashion Illustration Course
- Learn from scratch how to draw the 9-head fashion figure;
- Clothe the female fashion croquis and learn various clothing details;
- Learn various body features including facial features, spinal movements, hair, etc;
- Create technical drawings and design details to communicate your ideas to your tailor or production team.
- Learn to use a digital fashion illustration app.
Fashion Entrepreneurship Course
FASHION BUSINESS MODULE
- Learn the business of fashion and run a viable fashion business.
- Take advantage of the business opportunities that exist in the Fashion Industry;
- Profitably price your work by implementing proper costing and pricing;
- Sell your clothes and make a profit;
- Start your clothing line and understand the clothing production process;
- Build structures in your fashion business; and
- Keep track of your business finances with an online accounting software.
Meet Your Instructor
As an ex-accountant myself who resigned to go to fashion school, I know how difficult it is to learn new concepts in order to run a productive and viable business, especially when delivered online.
This Online Fashion Business Course was created to explain the hardest concepts in the simplest language. It is for every aspiring and practising business owner who sells a product and needs to urgently turn their business around. Learn the cost plus pricing method and know how to calculate the selling price of your work.
Why are we so confident you will get the best from our Online Course? Simple! We teach our concepts from scratch. We are GREAT at what we do! It's time to take that plunge and turn your passion for fashion to profit.
Basic Items Required for the Course
- Sewing Machine (any basic domestic electric sewing machine with at least 5 stitches. A minimum of 12 stitches will be even better). Any brand works.
- Tailor's Chalk
- Basic Needlework Kit which must include hand needles
- Roll of Thread / Threads
- Box of Dressmaker Pins
- Calico or any cotton fabric
- Fabric Scissors
- Measuring Tape
- Zips (including Invisible Zips)
- Seam Ripper
- Steam Iron
- Ironing Table or any clean surface
- Large Cutting Table or any large surface (a clean floor works if you have space constraints)
- Pattern Paper
- Set of French Curves
- Vary Form Curve Ruler
- Pack of Set Squares (which includes a basic ruler)
- Sharpener for your pencils
- Scotch Tape, Masking Tape or Glue Stick
- Box of Pins
- Tracing Wheel
- Paper Scissors
- Measuring Tape
- Zips (including Invisible Zips)
- Straw Board (or any soft surface)
You can add to this list as you go along. A quick google search will show what these items look like.
What Our Online Students Say
“You know I was a bit sceptical about online courses because of previous experience but what you have here is beyond good 👍🏽. Really, kudos to you. The sounds and videos are clear, it really is top-notch and I'm not just saying it. You are what you claimed to be. I'm impressed and inspired by you. THANK YOU ❤️”
“I agree! The letters of the alphabet can not explain how good a tutor she is. Trust me I had little knowledge of sewing and pattern making before I signed up for this class. But guess what? I’m now in a league of my own! Not near where I want to be yet but dare me to say that Tope’s tutelage is an excellent foundation. Her attention to the minutest of details is top notch! She carries an excellent spirit that rubs off on you by default. The banter? Out of this world. It was needed cos of the technicality of the course. But learning from martwayne. A walk in the park. Thank you Tope for being an amazing teacher (you’re in the right calling) and thank you for drowning my fears in pattern making and also thank you for bringing out the best in me”
The best deal on a Fashion Design Online Course
Full Course Bundle
Complete 10 IN 1 courSE
Course Fees: N235,000 | $617
Pay Upfront in Full and SAVE BIG
Get 15% Discount on Full Payment
N199,750 | USD$524
Pay Per Module
Sewing & Patternmaking:
Manual & Digital Fashion Illustration:
N80,000 | USD
Fashion Entrepreneurship Courses:
N55,000 | USD
Full Upfront Payment per Stage attracts 10% Discount
INSTALMENT PAYMENT OPTION
- Pay twice for the full Course: 60% & 40% and get 5% discount
- Pay twice per Module: 60% & 40% off
PAYMENT CAN BE MADE INTO:
MARTWAYNE LIMITED | 023 710 3843 | GTBANK
or via Paypal:
PAYPAL ID: [email protected]
This is not to make you feel good or smile…..you are very good! The classes are so clear….after teaching for years and having degrees in education I can clearly say you are a very good teacher. I know what I mean when I saw a good teacher.
Self improvement is a goal. I’ve always known about the pivot method of dart manipulation but have no idea on how to go about it, so I stuck with my slash and spread😂😂😂😂. But enrolling for this course brought every confusion to a still (easypeasy😂😂). Forget it, what you don’t know, you don’t know 😁😁. Thanks @martwayne, the clarity (audio & visual) is something else! Distance is no longer an issue, so I’m definitely enrolling for more courses. This is really an online course with class and touch!!!