Learn fashion design from scratch in the Martwayne Foundation Course in Fashion Design. It is targeted at complete beginners with no prior knowledge of fashion or how to sew and who want to turn their love for fashion into a viable business. It teaches the creative, sewing, patternmaking, the theoretical as well as the business sides of fashion for those who would like to start a fashion business.
Predominantly a sewing course, students will not only learn how to sew but also how to become proper fashion designers. The course includes modules such as manual and digital fashion illustration as well as fashion business courses such as costing and pricing.
How does it work?
There are 2 stages:
- The Beginners Stage
- The Advanced Stage.
Each stage is a combination of various courses and we are certain that at the end of the Course, you would have enough knowledge to start your business. In fact, many of our students have started their own businesses before they even complete the Course.
What will you Learn?
In the Beginners Stage alone, you will learn:
- the many many ways you can make money from the fashion industry;
- the design and production process;
- how to approach your customer and conduct yourself in such a way that they will be begging for your services and pay whatever you ask them to pay;
- how to prepare the documentation in your fashion business in order to appear as a professional to your clients;
- how to take PERFECT body measurements to avoid mistakes;
- how to convert these measurements into a pattern - yes all our courses include pattern making!!! 🙂
- proper finishing techniques;
- how to conduct a fitting after creating the sample;
- how to finalise your block patterns;
- Of course you will learn how to sew FROM SCRATCH including all the tools you will need to start off;
- how to bill for your work to enable you make a profit!
And this is just a snap shot of what you will learn in the Beginners Stage. By the time you are done with the first stage, you will be able to create dresses, strapless gowns (yes - I used that same strapless pattern you learn in the Beginners Stage to make my own wedding gown!) Proper office shirts with collars, placket, etc.
And trust us! Many many of our students learn how to sew from scratch and make their money back right from this very stage!
And that's not all...
Students will also delve deep into their innate creative abilities and learn how to develop fashion collections and their own designs from scratch to avoid copying people's work, how to develop story boards, mood boards, concept boards, colours, fabrics and how to clearly communicate their designs to their tailors and production team using technical drawings.
In the Advanced Stage, students go into more in-depth details to learn skirt and bodice variations, sleeves, collars, contouring, jacket making and trousers, pattern grading and various fashion businesses as well.
The Foundation Course in Fashion Design is a really intensive Course with multiple modules so it is well worth it.
What are the benefits of the Course you ask?!
- the unmeasurable investment into your future;
- the unquantifiable fulfillment you will experience as a fashion designer - especially when you start making tons of money from Day 1.
- the peace and happiness you will definitely experience doing what you always loved doing.
- the fact that you don’t have to travel to get a world-class experience in Fashion Design because you will be learning from us at Martwayne - an institution founded by a South-African trained Fashion Designer! 🙂 And I can tell you we are GREAT at what we do!
And All Our Students Agree!
Trust me, you will LOVE our classes. We have an interesting mix of people - from lawyers to accountants, engineers and even medical doctors - all brought together by the one thing we all love the most - FASHION!
We work hard and play hard as well!
What if I can already sew?
If you can already sew, then you need the
Advanced Course in Fashion Design
Click on the button below.
So! Beginners! What says you?! You really have nothing to lose.
The duration of the course depends on if you opt for the weekday option or the weekend option (for busy professionals).
Beginners Stage: Mondays to Thursdays from 10am - 4pm for 3 months
Advanced Stage: Mondays to Thursdays from 10am - 4pm for 6 months
Beginners Stage: Saturdays only from 12 noon - 6pm for 7 months
Advanced Stage: Saturdays only from 12 noon - 6pm for 12 months.
Classes do not hold on Sundays or public holidays.
Fees are typically paid at the start of each stage but students may also choose to pay for all the stages at once.
N250,000 and an extra N20,000 refundable caution fee to cover damages and unnecessary extensions to the Course.
N280,000 and an extra N20,000 refundable caution fee to cover damages and unnecessary extensions to the Course.
1. Full payment for both stages attracts a 5% discount.
2. Instalment payment per stage:
N195,000 upfront (which includes the N20,000 refundable caution fee) and balance due during the Course.
N200,000 upfront and balance due during the Course.
Where the caution fee is not used up, it is transferred to this Stage.
How to register
Registration is simple!
Simply click the button below to pay the fees electronically via bank transfer or debit card.
OR register manually by paying the fees by cash or online transfer into the following account:
"Martwayne Limited", 023 710 3843 at any GTBank branch
Registration before the start date is vital to enable us prepare your training materials.
We look forward to welcoming you onto the Course..
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.
In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of previous students. We have lost more on our instagram page @martwayne
BE the Fashion Designer You were Destined to Be.