The perfect course for practising fashion designers who want to improve or perfect their skills in order to start or grow their clothing lines and run stronger fashion businesses!
It combines various modules covering pattern drafting, sewing techniques, creativity and concept development in fashion design, manual and digital fashion illustration as well as fashion entrepreneurship courses.
- You learnt how to sew but you lack the confidence to sew for others for fear of making mistakes.
- You started a fashion business but you are extremely frustrated at the progress you are making.
- You see marvellous designs on the runway and wonder how others come up with those amazing designs but find yourself still stuck in the rut of customers bringing you magazines to copy.
- You learnt freehand and are limited by what you can do. You have heard of patternmaking and wonder what it is all about. Or worse, you have pattern books but cannot interprete them!
- You feel inadequate because you are not Creative.
- You work so hard everyday but have nothing to show for it financially at the end of the month to even pay yourself.
- You have no idea how to do a proper costing for your work or worse, you charge based on conscience.
- You know deep down you are good but your sewing and finishing can be better.
- You wish you can stop sewing for people and actually start that ready to wear line.
- You have amazing designs in your head but have no clue how to put them down on paper.
If you find yourself saying 'Yes that's me' to at least a third of the questions listed up there, then the Advanced Course in Fashion Design is definitely for you!
My name is Tope Williams Adewunmi and I am a fashion entrepreneur. I run Martwayne and what we do at Martwayne is give people 'Power Through Fashion' by helping them turn their love for fashion into a viable business.
We have trained many people at Martwayne from different works of life. As an ex-accountant myself who resigned to go to fashion school, I understand first hand how difficult it must be to leave a comfort zone to pursue the unknown. We have been privileged to work with bankers, lawyers, accountants, fashion designers, engineers, doctors, nurses, teachers, students and so many people - all brought together by their love for fashion. Many have gone on to establish their own businesses while some students have partnered with each other to set up clothing lines.
We love seeing our people grow as their success is ours. Which is why we go the extra mile to give you the tools you need to ensure you have a solid foundaiton by improving on your existing knowledge.
There is always something new to learn and our job is to develop your innate creative abilities and help you discover new and more efficient ways of doing things in a fun and conducive environment.
And we'RE NOT JUST SAYING THIS!
Just check out one of our testimonials.
And we have so much more where that came from!
Yes! This is what just one of the benefits YOU stand to gain from the Course.
In this aspect of the Course, you will learn from scratch how to critically develop a fashion collection right from an idea or from a source of inspiration. And that is not all, you also learn how to beautifully sketch them out both manually and edit them with a digital device.
If you have been having difficulty generating new designs or you are concerned you are not a creative person, you are in for a real treat in this aspect of the Course!
Modules to be covered include:
- How to develop a concept into items of clothing;
- The design and production process;
- Understanding colours and fabrics;
- Generating the tools used in the design process such as mood boards, concept boards and storyboards;
- Developing technical drawings to effectively communicate your designs to your production team;
- Manual Fashion Illustration including body and spinal movements, drawing the fashion croquis, hair and facial features, clothing the figure and rendering;
- Digital Fashion Illustration including importing, editing, rendering and using other features in a digital app.
Here you will learn the real nitty gritty of sewing and patternmaking including perfect finishing techniques and having an eye for detail. You will be taught how to take accurate body measurements from scratch, how to draft patterns from scratch and how to conduct a fitting.
If you have always had issues with perfect fit and finishing of your clothes or you have to constantly do alterations, this aspect will definitely address that challenge.
Topics to be covered include:
- Converting body measurements into block, working and final patterns;
- Fabric layout and cutting;
- Garment preparation for sewing;
- Methods of finishing raw edges as well as alternatives to finishing where you do not the appropriate machines;
- Fitting and alterations as well as how to reflect the alterations in the original pattern;
- Dart manipulation techniques and pattern variations including contouring;
- Pattern grading and developing standard size charts;
- Garments to be taught covers dressmaking, strapless, proper office shirts and blouses, sleeves, collars, plackets, skirt variations, jacket making, trousers, amongst others.
The Business Side
Of course we all know learning a skill in order to start a business is pointless if we do not have an idea how to start off at all or how to make money from it. A lack of knowledge in fashion entrepreneurship marks the beginning of the end of a business that has not even begun.
This is why, at Martwayne, learning how to start and run a business is a very key element of the Course. Here are some of the modules you will be learning at the end of the Course:
And of course, since you are one of us, we will offer guidance and every step of the way, because sometimes, all we need is a second opinion and mentoring on the key steps to take to avoid mistakes.
At the end of the intensive Advanced Course in Fashion Design, students will be equipped to either start their own clothing lines, outsource their services to fashion houses who require freelancers or run stronger fashion businesses.
Join the many designers who have gone through our system and are still reaping the benefits of their investment in the Advanced Fashion Design Course.
And the best part is, the principles you learn here are applicable in other industries as well!
How the Course Runs
There are 2 options you can choose from - the Weekday Option and the Weekend Option.
Course fees are a total of N340,000 (Fees: N320,000 + N20,000 refundable caution fee)
The fees include all your training materials and your toolkit for both the sewing and creative options but excludes fabrics that will be used during the Course.
The refundable caution fee covers damages and unnecessary extensions to the Course.
Fees can be paid in a maximum of 2 instalments:
80% upfront and the balance due during the Course.
If you pay in full, you get a 5% discount off the fees.
Registration is easy! Simply click the button below to pay via bank or debit card.
Not to worry, it's very safe! Our site is very secure and payment partners are very credible!
Transfer the fees into the following account:
Martwayne Limited, 023 710 3843, GTBank
Not to worry! We've got you covered! The Beginners Course in Fashion Design is perfect for you as a beginner.
Of Course. We have the Advanced Dressmaking Course which addresses only the Sewing & Patternmaking modules. The fees are N250,000 + N20,000 refundable caution fee to make a total of N270,000. Fees include your training materials and toolkit but excludes your fabrics. Refundable caution fee covers damages and unnecessary extensions to the Course.
Of course you can! The Creative & Fashion Illustration Course is also available as a stand-alone option. Course Fees are N90,000 only and covers your training materials and drawing kit but you need to come with your digital tablet or your smartphone.
It's time to take that leap and live your fashion dreams today!
Join us at Martwayne and let us help you
turn your love for fashion into a viable business!
Someone you know needs this article. Help them find it by sharing it on social media.
You may also be interested in these Courses:
© Martwayne | Power Through Fashion. All rights reserved.