Sign Up below
and get instant access to our product
it's time TAKE OWNERSHIP & enhance your sewing skills!
- If you want to improve your sewing skills and create more complex styles, this Course is for you.
- If you want to move from hobby to selling your skill to earn an income, this Course is perfect for you!
- If you want to be more professional in your production process and create perfect clothes ready to be bought off the rack, this Course is for you!
- If you are ready to stop wasting money arising from several mistakes and are constantly faced with customers returning their clothes for alterations, this Course is for you!
- If you are ready to grow your business and retain your customers, this Course is perfect for you!
The Advanced Dressmaking Course is for dressmakers who want to improve their knowledge of the clothing production process, and enhance their dressmaking skills. Most of the students who register for this Course can already sew but perhaps learnt it informally or learnt the freehand method of making clothes.
In the Course we will focus on 2 main aspects:
- Sewing with a particular focus on finishing techniques; and
We guarantee that right from the very beginning of the Course, you will understand how to minimize errors in your process, which will inevitably boost your confidence and your revenues as well.
Hi, I’m Tope Williams-Adewunmi
I am a South African trained Fashion Designer well versed in various areas of Fashion Industry and its relationship with the business community.
Why am I so confident you will get the best from Martwayne? Simple! You've seen our testimonials so you know we are GREAT at what we do! It's time for you to take that plunge too!
Here's to your Success...
- Master the tools and learn various sewing techniques for perfect finishing;
- Perfect your skills in dresses, blouses, shirts, jumpsuits, sleeves, collars, plackets, etc with any fabric of choice;
- Understand the steps in the garment construction process.
- Take accurate body measurements and convert them into blocks & patterns;
- Understand and perfect the patternmaking life cycle from block to working pattern and final pattern.
- Create different styles from the standard block pattern;
- Grade patterns from just one standard pattern into various sizes.
You will get a Certificate of Completion when you successfully complete the Course. This includes attendance, punctuality and submission of all assignments & projects.
We reward our students for their efforts. The best student with the best project and who has been consistent with their work, attendance and punctuality all through the Course wins a prize at the end of the Course.
Sewing is not just attaching pieces of fabric together. It is about giving life to fabric. Our methods teach how to mould fabric from its 2-dimensional form into a 3-dimensional form to fit a body using principles that will work across different clothes you are making.
Simply put, once you apply these sewing principles, they can be applied to any garment. Once you know how to do it, that's it! It sticks!
Learning outcomes include how to properly construct various garments such as skirts, dresses, office shirts, blouses, collars, cuffs, necklines, strapless dresses, trousers, jumpsuits, etc. From fabric layout and cutting, to the proper tools you need in garment construction and how to conduct a fitting.
We teach pattern drafting as against the free hand method. Working with patterns have various benefits such as minimizing errors, saving fabric and proper planning. Once you understand the principle behind pattern drafting, it can also be applied to any outfit.
We will also teach you how to read and decode a pattern book by following simple instructions so that you learn how to work on your own at home.
Learning outcomes include how to create the basic blocks - skirts, bodices, dresses, sleeves, etc and how to convert them to working and final patterns. You will also learn how to work with darts, learn various dart manipulation techniques, contouring, style lines, neck lines and so many other principles that will turn you into a pro!
There are 2 stages in the Course and you can choose the Weekday Option or the Weekend Option.
The Weekday Option runs 3 times a week, Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, from 10am - 4pm.
The Weekend Option runs on Saturdays only from 12 noon - 6pm.
As part of the training materials, you get a Progress Sheet and a Calendar details your tasks and expected learning outcome for each day.
The Weekday Option of the Course runs for 9 months while the Weekend Option runs for 18 months. Classes do not hold on public holidays.
Classes hold at is 8 Sholeye Crescent, off Ayinde Giwa Street, off Alhaji Masha Road, (just before Masha Roundabout), Surulere, Lagos. You are welcome to visit before you apply.
Course fees are a total of N270,000 (Fees: N250,000 + N20,000 refundable caution fee)
The fees include all your training materials and your toolkit for both the sewing and creative options but excludes fabrics that will be used during the Course.
The refundable caution fee covers damages and unnecessary extensions to the Course.
Fees can be paid in a maximum of 2 instalments:
80% upfront and the balance due during the Course.
If you pay in full, you get a 5% discount off the fees.
Take Ownership of Your Future!
- Improve your Dressmaking skills;
- Increase your income both as a Patternmaker & as a Dressmaker.
- Learn how to split the the Production Process.
- Save yourself the stress and hassles
of disappointments from tailors.
- Run a business that can pay you the salary you deserve!
- Change your life and the way you do business!
Transfer the full fees (less your discount) of N257,500
your deposit payment of N200,00
by direct bank transfer into:
Martwayne Limited | 023 710 3843 | GTBank
Once this is done, please contact us on:
Telephone: 0818 395 8856 / 0903 498 5877
Please note that prior registration is required.
so what are you waiting for?
Yes we do! We have the Advanced Course in Fashion Design, an all-encompassing Course which teaches the Creative, the Sewing & the Business Sides of Fashion. Click here for more details.
We have a Fashion Entrepreneurship Course that tackles topics such as Costing and Pricing, How to Track Business Finances, How to Start a Clothing Line and How to Build Business Structures. Please visit the home page here to select the Course of your choice.
This Course is about learning the Skill so being able to draw is not that important at this stage. HOWEVER, when you decide to turn into a sellable skill and charge people for it, you should be able to sketch what you plan to make for them. You can also register for our Creative & Fashion Illustration Course. Click here for details.
Yes we do. We have Short Courses like the Bridal Course, Creative Patternmaking Course, Corsetry Course, Jacketmaking & Trousers Course, etc which you can use to to improve your patternmaking or sewing skills. Please visit the home page here for more details.
Someone you know needs this article.
Help them find it by sharing it on social media.
You may be interested in these Courses
© Martwayne | Fashion School. All rights reserved.
and get instant access to our product