Generate the income you deserve
‘’In my over 10 years as a fashion entrepreneur, I have observed that those who know how to run a successful fashion business are those who invest in their skill as fashion designers.’’
- Tope Williams Adewunmi, Founder, Martwayne | Fashion School
The Advanced Course in Fashion Design equips you with practical knowledge on how to develop mind-blowing designs from scratch, construct patterns with accurate measurements and sew with an excellent factory-finish. The skills you will acquire from this course will enable you exceed your client’s expectations and confidently charge higher for top-notch services.
Start generating more income today!
*Up to 5% discount available on full payment
Learn the Business Side of Fashion
‘’There are two ways to extend a business. Take inventory of what you're good at and extend out from your skills.
Or determine what your customers need and work backward, even if it requires learning new skills.’’
- Jeff Bezos
Practising fashion designers learn very quickly that there is a huge difference between knowing how to sew and running a fashion business. As a fashion entrepreneur, you should make a profit from your business. This is impossible if you are unable to structure your business properly, price your products correctly and track your business finances.
Without this knowledge, you run the risk of ending your business even before it begins. In fact, if you already run the business, its sustainability depends on this key element: an understanding of how to run a fashion business.
This Course focuses on the 3 most important aspects of running a fashion business: the creative, the practical and the business sides of fashion.
Why this Fashion Design Course is for you?
This course is for you if:
- You learnt how to sew but you lack the confidence to sew for others for fear of making mistakes.
- You are a fashion designer looking to improve your skills and achieve better finishing with your outfits.
- Your fashion business is not doing as well as you had expected.
- You work so hard as a fashion designer, but have nothing to show for it financially at the end of the month and can barely even pay yourself.
- You want to learn how to start a clothing line.
- You started a clothing line but have difficulties with managing your production team, explaining your designs to your tailors or structuring your processes.
- You are unable to understand, interpret or apply the patterns in your fashion books.
- You imagine beautiful designs, but you are unable to translate them into patterns.
- You are tired of copying designs from fashion magazines and you want to come up with original ideas
- You want to design outfits that look straight out of the runway.
- You lack confidence in your work as a fashion designer.
- You find it difficult to come up with creative and original designs.
- You learnt freehand, but you want to achieve better accuracy and design outfits that fit perfectly.
- You are unable to properly cost your work and you always run at a loss.
- You know you are good, but your sewing and finishing can be better.
- You wish you can stop sewing for people and finally start that ready to wear line.
- You have amazing designs in your head but have no clue how sketch them out to put them down on paper.
What’s in this Course?
This course boosts your knowledge on 3 key areas for breakthrough success in Fashion Design!
Creative & Fashion Illustration
You will learn to:
- Develop your designs from scratch;
- Develop creative ideas, create a fashion collection & fashion portfolio;
- Choose and beautifully combine colours and fabrics;
- Create mood boards and design briefs;
- Use the tools required in the development of a fashion collection;
- Draw the female fashion croquis, including facial features, spinal movements and faces;
- Create technical drawings and draw design details to communicate your ideas to your tailor or production team;
- Render a fashion figure both manually and digitally; and
- Use a digital app to turn your illustrations from drab to fab.
Practical Sewing & Patternmaking
You will learn to:
- Sew with the perfect finish
- Apply key sewing and pattern making techniques
- Look out for details in your work
- Take accurate body measurements from scratch draft patterns from scratch and conduct a fitting
- Convert body measurements into block, working and final patterns
- Perform garment preparation for sewing including fabric layout & cutting
- Apply methods of finishing raw edges
- Handle fittings, alterations and how to transfer amendments to the original pattern
- Apply dart manipulation techniques and pattern variations
- Execute pattern grading and develop standard size charts
- Sew beautiful garments and learn techniques for dressmaking such as sewing strapless dresses, contouring, corsets, proper office shirts and blouses, sleeves, collars, plackets, skirt variations, jacket making, trousers, etc.
The Business Side of Fashion
You will learn to:
- Properly cost your services to make a profit
- Set proper prices for your products
- Start a clothing line - the production process
- Build business structures in your fashion company;
- Track your business finances and ensure you are not running at a loss
Learn from one of the Best Fashion Schools in Lagos
Take control of your fashion career! Join the many designers who have gone through our system and are still reaping the benefits of their investment in the Advanced Fashion Design Course. The course runs as follows:
- 3 times every week on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10am - 4pm for 9 months
- The Creative Course once a week from 10am - 5pm for 3 months (within the same 9 months)
- No classes on weekends and public holidays
This is one of our many Fashion Design Courses that have transformed the careers of many students.
Take Patience for example. Looking to improve her sewing skills, she registered for Martwayne's Advanced Course in Fashion Design. This is her story:
‘’I learnt (fashion design) before, but my work wasn't perfect. There was something missing. I wasn't proud of my finished work, so I figured I had to learn more. I discussed my situation with a friend who learnt where I did and she said she had also felt the same way and had come to Martwayne. When I saw her work, I didn't need much persuasion.’’ -Patience, Martwayne Alumni
Just like Patience, and other satisfied students who have taken the Advanced Course in Fashion Design, this training will enable you:
- Become the best at what you do
- Unleash your creativity as a fashion designer
- Properly cost your products and services; and make a profit
- Sew with the perfect factory finish and create unique designs that stand out
Seats are filling up fast!
What are you waiting for?
With this course, you are guaranteed:
- Assurance of Learning
- At Martwayne, we believe in giving value for money. This is why we track our students’ daily progress during this course to ensure that learning is actually taking place.
- When you learn with one of the best fashion schools in Lagos, your work speaks for itself and your professionalism shines through
- At Martwayne, we believe in rewarding efforts!
This course offers you:
Training Materials and Support
As part of this course, you get training materials in addition to a progress sheet and calendar that details your tasks and expected learning outcomes for each day. We also offer guidance every step of the way, to ensure that you have a second opinion and mentorship needed to avoid mistakes.
Certificate of Completion
You will get a Certificate of Completion when you successfully finish the Course. This includes attendance, punctuality and submission of all assignments and projects.
A Chance to Win a Prize
We reward our students for their efforts. The best student with the best project and who has been consistent with their work, attendance and punctuality all through the Course wins a prize at the end of the Course.
Contact us today!
You can visit us for more information at:
8 Sholeye Crescent, off Ayinde Giwa Street, off Alhaji Masha Road, Surulere, Lagos
or call +2348097876075
Invest in your skills today and reap the rewards!
Course Fees: NGN 420,000*
*Up to 5% discount available on instant payment
The total fees include:
- N400,000 tuition fee;
- N20,000 refundable caution fee**; and
- Training materials and toolkit for both sewing and creative modules.
*Cost of fabrics to be used during the course not included in fees
** Caution covers damages and unnecessary course extensions
Registration is easy!
Pay in full and get a 5% discount off the fees.
Pay N300,000 before the course begins; and
Pay balance of N120,000 within 3 months.
Pay via direct bank transfer and contact us:
023 710 3843 | GTBank Plc.
Contact us today!
Visit: 8 Sholeye Crescent, off Ayinde Giwa Street, off Alhaji Masha Road, Surulere, Lagos
Telephone: +2348183958856 / +2349034985877
What Our Students are Saying
About the Founder
My name is Tope Williams Adewunmi and I am a fashion entrepreneur. I run Martwayne and what we do at Martwayne is give people 'Power Through Fashion' by helping them turn their love for fashion into a viable business.
We have trained many people at Martwayne from different works of life. As an ex-accountant myself who resigned to go to fashion school, I understand first hand how difficult it must be to leave a comfort zone to pursue the unknown. We have been privileged to work with bankers, lawyers, accountants, fashion designers, engineers, doctors, nurses, teachers, students and so many people - all brought together by their love for fashion. Many have gone on to establish their own businesses while some students have partnered with each other to set up clothing lines.
We love seeing our people grow as their success is ours. Which is why we go the extra mile to give you the tools you need to ensure you have a solid foundaiton by improving on your existing knowledge.
There is always something new to learn and our job is to develop your innate creative abilities and help you discover new and more efficient ways of doing things in a fun and conducive environment.