Here you will learn the real nitty gritty of sewing & patternmaking including perfect finishing techniques and having an eye for detail. You will be taught to take accurate body measurements from scratch, draft patterns from scratch and conduct a fitting.
Topics to be covered include:
- Converting body measurements into block, working and final patterns;
- Garment preparation for sewing including fabric layout & cutting;;
- Methods of finishing raw edges;
- Fitting, alterations and how to transfer amendments to the original pattern;
- Dart manipulation techniques and pattern variations;
- Pattern grading and developing standard size charts;
- Garments include dressmaking, strapless, proper office shirts and blouses, sleeves, collars, plackets, skirt variations, jacket making, trousers, amongst others.